Chrome Extensions for the Week of September 22nd

Hello, my name is Kelly and I am a Chrome Extension addict. I know there are people far worse out there than me, but I can't help myself. Here are my Chrome Extensions for the week. 




#1 Deelete
Type: Productivity
Summary: This is a relatively new extension by Daniel Sosa. He contacted me via Twitter almost a week ago and asked if I would give his extension a try. So like any good Chrome Extension addict, I did. I LOVE it. While it might not be perfect for everyone it is perfect for me. In my job I download a lot of items (articles, pictures, etc.) from the internet. Deelete gives you the option of keeping the download or having it automatically deleted in 24 hours. If you are the same way and download a lot of web resources then you need to give this extension a try. 




#2 MakeGIF Video Capture
Type: Blogging (I put it in my video section though)
Summary: This extension could entertain me for hours. It allows you to capture videos in your browser and turns them into an animated GIF. To test it out I went to YouTube and played a video. I selected the extension icon and a pop-up appeared that allowed me to start capturing my selection. I pushed done and it turned that portion of the captured portion into a looped video. 
Please click here to see the GIF in action (it is the one in the red box).



#3 Black Menu for Google
Type: Productivity
Summary: If I am going to be honest with you I am not just a Chrome Extension addict. I am a Google addict. I love all things Google! This extensions makes me smile. No longer are the days that you have to open a new tab to get to the Google apps icon. With this app you can now search within Google or open any Google app from the comfort of any open tab.  Genius!



#4 Twitter for Chrome
Type: Social & Communication
Summary: This extension allows you to check your Twitter feed from any webpage. Simply click on the extension icon and your feed automatically appears. It will even give you a count of the number of tweets you have missed since you last opened it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment