Participate Learning - One Stop Shop to Find, Collect, and Share Digital Resources

As an educational technologist, I am always looking for new tools to learn and then share with educators. To find digital resources, I search online, read blog posts, and scour through social media. I save the resources using the Tweetdecks collection feature, Pocket, or Citable, so when time permits I could review the tool. I then share the resources via my blog, website, email, social media, etc. The process is quite daunting and takes a great amount of time and effort. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but until now I didn't have a very efficient method for my madness.  

Participate Learning, is a free website that allows educators to search, collect and share digital resources all in one location.  Quickly search the websites database for digital resources by keyword, content, topic, or grade level. 



You can narrow your search down by price, type, and/or grade level in order to find tools that will work for you and your students. Read reviews of the digital resources by Participate Learning experts. 



Gather the resources you find into collections that can be shared via link, email, embed code or through social media. Easily add additional web resources or upload files, photos or videos into your collections. I use the Participate Learning Chrome Extension to bookmark the resources I find, so I can easily add them to my collections. Control who has access to your collections by changing the visibility setting. Everything that I used to do with multiple tools can now be done with Participate Learning.

Here is one of the collections I am currently building around Creativity Tools.




In addition, you can add collaborators to your collections in order to build a collection of resources together. Now team/departments can create one collection for their students or the curriculum department can create a collection for teachers. 

If you are interested in learning more, please check out this brief overview of Participate Learning




Participate Learning should be a go-to website for any educator looking to curate digital resources for themselves and their students. Happy curating!





No comments:

Post a Comment